|Tyres: Campers beware!|
|04 August 2010|
|Out of season storage conditions can sometimes have a detrimental effect on motor caravan and trailer caravan tyres and so owners are advised to carry out simple checks to ensure their safety and the safety of their passengers is protected:
|What to buy when you become a real billionaire ...|
|29 March 2010|
|SUNDAY - Just to get away from trucks and buses yesterday, I visited Cape Town’s VandA Waterfront where I saw this slick MAN TGA 26.410/TankerClinic combination fueling what I thought was just a medium-sized cruise liner...
|Tips on 4x4 travel in Gauteng|
|20 February 2010|
|If you have chosen to consider 4x4 hire in Johannesburg as a way to experience a self drive adventure of note, then you are well on your way to enjoying the holiday of a lifetime. Self drive is fast becoming one of the most popular means of exploring a country without having to rely on structured tours. This option gives you far more flexibility and the chance to travel at your own pace, without the hassle of arranging lifts or trying to navigate the taxis, buses and trains of Gauteng. As any South African local can attest, public transport isn’t always the most reliable way to get around, especially if you wish to head out of the cities for a more rugged outdoors adventure. 4x4 rental offer the ideal solution, enabling you to go wherever you want to go, without having to rely on anyone but yourself.
To get the most from your 4x4 hire adventure in the Johannesburg and Gauteng area, consider these tips:
1. Ensure that you choose the right vehicle. Car rental agencies offer a range of 4x4 and 2x4 vehicles to suit all tastes and budgets. These vehicles should also be suitable for off road use as well as use on paved roads, allowing you to travel across cities and bush terrain. Look out for cars that have ample space for camping equipment and choose the car that best suits your needs.
2. Try and choose a car with a fitted GPS device. GPS (which stands for Global Positioning System) is a handy tool that is essential when travelling in a city that you haven’t visited before. A GPS device will also be useful even if you have a basic knowledge of the city, and is an easy to use alternative to traditional street maps. Getting lost is easier than you think Johannesburg’s suburbs and bush areas span across the entire city, and it can be easy to take a wrong turn. Take the guesswork out of trying to find directions and choose a GPS enabled car hire option to ensure that you stay on track.
3. Always plan your routes before you leave. Do your research, and decide which areas you plan to visit before setting off for your travels. This will ensure that you don’t venture into any potentially risky areas, and also optimises your experience, giving you enough time to see everything you want to see. Make a tailored travel plan, and try and stick to it as much as possible, leaving time for spontaneous journeys.
4. Try one or more of the excellent planned 4x4 routes in Johannesburg. The region has a small but excellent range of 4x4 routes to choose, all of which offer guaranteed action, off road adventure and stunning scenery. Some of the best routes to consider include Berakah 4x4 Eco trail just outside Parys as well as two Hennops trails that are ideal for beginners, families or seasoned off road adventurers.
5. Always remember, safety first. Driving any car in South Africa can be daunting, especially in Johannesburg which is known for its busy roads and chaotic mini bus taxis. Driving a 4x4 in Johannesburg takes even more care to keep safe. To stay safe at all times, ensure that you know the rules of the road in South Africa – always remember to keep left, and look out for rough roads, street signs and pedestrians at all times.
For the ultimate way to experience the beautiful and varied terrains of Gauteng, 4x4 rental in Johannesburg offers an unbeatable self drive adventure.
|SOLD: A Unimog to pull a fishing boat! |
|28 November 2009|
|The first new-generation Unimog U4000 to reach South Africa’s shores has recently been handed over with a full driver training demonstration and vehicle familiarisation session at Sodwana Bay – one of the new owner’s favourite fishing spots. |